Jacktoberfest welcomes craft brewers from around the state to participate in Mississippi's largest craft brew competition. The competition is sanctioned by the Beer Judge Certification Program (BJCP).
2015 Craft Beer Competition
Important Dates & Times:
Due to the overwhelming success of previous year's competitions (and stress on our judges), the 2015 Jacktoberfest Craft Brew Competition will be judged one week PRIOR to the festival. The People's Choice Award and announcement of the competition winners will continue to take place Friday, October 16th at the festival.
1. Jacktoberfest 2015 Craft Brew Competition is open to ALL area home brewers. Festival attendance is not required, but highly encouraged.
2. All craft brew participants must be at least 21 years of age.
3. The competition is open to amateur brewers only. No beers brewed on commercial brewery equipment will be accepted.
4. Craft brews may be entered under the following five competition categories. Please refer to the BJCP Style Guide:
*Miscellaneous entries may be entered as specialty categories per the 2015 guidelines and will be judge accordingly. Please specify the 2015 style that will be judged on the entry.
5. You may enter as many beers as you wish; however beers entered in the same category must be from different fermentations or of different ingredients.
6. Each entry shall consist of (2) two 12 oz. glass bottles with an attached BJCP Bottle Identification Form. Bottles should be free of any identity or markings so that judges will not know the origin of the craft beer or its brewer.
7. All entries must be pre-registered online via the craft brew competition entry form.
8. An entry fee of ($5) five dollars per craft beer must be paid for the entry to be complete. There is no limit to the number of beers a brewer may enter. Payment for the entry will be through a PayPal link on the online entry form.
9. Deadline for entries is 6 p.m., Tuesday, October 6, 2015. Both the online registration process must be completed AND your competing entries must be dropped off at a:
LD's BeerRun (5006 Parkway Dr., Jackson, MS 39211)
BrewHaHa Homebrew Supply (4800 I-55 North, Jackson, MS 39206)
10. All entries MUST be dropped off at either of the locations between the dates of September 28, 2015 and October 6, 2015. No entries before or after these times will be accepted.
11. Judging of the entries will be done by up to 3 judges. All judging will follow the procedures in accordance with The American Homebrewers Association (AHA) and the Beer Judge Certification Program (BJCP). Judging will take place Saturday, October 10, 2015.
12. Entries must be registered and dropped off at one of our official sites by 6 p.m., Tuesday, October 6th, 2015 to be judged. Our goal is to have each brew cooled and rested prior to the judging that will take place Saturday, October 10, 2015, a week before the festival. Please include a BJCP Bottle Identification Form with each bottle entered.
13. There will be a first place medal for each of the five categories. There will also be two additional medals; one Best Overall Beer and one People’s Choice winner. The winners of the competition will be announced on stage, Friday, October 16, 2015, the evening of the festival. Additional medal and prize details will be announced on the Jacktoberfest website closer to the competition date.
14.We understand beers don’t always turn out as planned and we ask you to let us know as soon as possible if you will be withdrawing a beer. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a change of plans.
© Jacktoberfest 2015 - Jacktoberfest, LLC - email@example.com